The Fed is the usual name by which The Federation of Jewish Services is known, a company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales under no: 5858766.
The Fed is also a registered charity no: 1117126. Its registered office is Heathlands Village, Heathlands Drive, Prestwich, Manchester, M25 9SB.
In these terms and conditions: ‘The Fed’ means the holding company or any entity which it controls; ‘the website’ means any website under The Fed’s control or ownership and ‘the material’ means all information including text, pictures, graphics, sound and video files, programmes or other data available on the website.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes which may arise in connection with its use shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction deems any of these terms and conditions unenforceable, invalid or unlawful, such term or condition shall be severed and the remaining provisions shall survive and remain in full force.
Terms and conditions of use
- Use of the website (including registrations, payments and donations made via the website) is subject to and constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. Acceptance takes effect from first use of the website.
- If you do not agree to these terms and conditions in full you must stop using the website immediately.
- The Fed reserves the right to change these terms and conditions by altering the text on this page. Use of the website after such changes signifies acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
- By using the website you agree to do so in a manner that
- is for lawful purposes only
- does not infringe or affect the rights of any third party
- is not defamatory
- Material on the Website is given for the purposes of general information only, and should not be relied upon as advice (professional or otherwise).
Access to and/or use of the website
- Any person is entitled to view any non-password protected part of the website and to use the material, provided:
- it is used for information purposes only, for reproduction for personal use or study only and not for reproduction on any other website or for commercial gain
- any links created to the website are notified to and approved in writing by The Fed before they are created
- no part of the website is copied, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means to any third party without the prior written permission of The Fed ( See pt.14 below)
Trademarks and Copyright
- Names, images and logos which identify The Fed and its affiliates or third parties, are subject to design right and/or copyright.
- These terms and conditions do not give any licence or right to use any trade-name, service-mark, trade-mark, design right or copyright of The Fed, its affiliates or any third party.
- Copyright in the material displayed on the website is owned by The Fed, its affiliates or third parties and all rights are expressly reserved.
- It is not permitted to change, create or modify a derivative work from the material.
- In the event that The Fed receives a complaint relating to third party content on the Website, the matter will be reviewed and content removed at The Fed’s sole discretion and it will have no further liability to any party.
- Permission to use any of the material, including The Fed name and logo should be made to [email protected] Permission to use third party material should be obtained from the relevant owners.
The website contains links to other websites which it does not own or control. The Fed is not responsible for the content or reliability of these sites nor does it necessarily support the views expressed on such sites. Use of linked websites is at the user’s own risk. The user is responsible for checking the accuracy of the material provided there.
Donations, Goods, Services and Events
- The Fed reserves the right to vary the prices of registration fees for events and the prices of goods or services listed without notice and to refuse to accept registration by, donation from, or supply goods or services to, any individual.
- All event registrations and orders for goods or services are subject to availability. All prices are inclusive of VAT unless stated otherwise. In order to participate in an activity or event, run by or for The Fed or to attend such an event, you may be required to agree to other specific terms and conditions, at the time of registration or purchase of tickets.
- Refunds of donations are granted at the discretion of the charity and are not usual. To enquire about a refund, please contact the Fundraising Administrator, Fundraising Department, on 0161 772 4079.
Although the website uses encryption security software, in areas where online payment details are accepted, the security of information and payments transmitted via the internet, cannot be guaranteed. Any loss incurred or sustained when transmitting information by means of email or other internet links shall be borne solely and exclusively by the user. In no event shall any such loss in whole or in part be borne by The Fed or its agents.
- You can tell us here how you wish us to communicate with you in the future.
- You can unsubscribe here from future communication from The Fed.
- You may change your communications preferences here.
- See our Communications Policy
- See our Data Protection Policy which is available on request.
- The Fed does not hold out any warranty or representation in relation to the material.
- The Fed does not accept liability for any loss or damages, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, third party losses, loss of profits or any other loss or damages whatsoever, arising out of, or in connection with the use or loss of use of the website.
- The Fed does not warrant that the functions within the material will be uninterrupted or error-free nor that any defects will be corrected; nor that the website or the server hosting it, are free of viruses or bugs.
Any queries regarding the website should be emailed to [email protected]