The Types of Care we offer
We’re all different. The type of care you need as you get older, varies considerably from person to person. You may have physical or medical care needs or struggle with your memory.
Do you need help with showering, bathing and getting dressed? Do you need a wheelchair to get around or help getting in and out of bed? Perhaps you tend to get confused and need a lot of reminding and reassuring. The Heathlands Village care team can offer you a wide range of care options.
The care that you need
Our Admissions team talk these options through with you and your family. We ask about your health, what you can do for yourself and what you need help with. We talk to any health or social care professionals who have been involved with your care.
We find out if you have symptoms or a diagnosis of dementia. We want to know what you did for a living and how you like to spend your time now.
This helps us understand all of your needs. Through careful assessment we identify the best place for your care within Heathlands Village.
Residential care is suited if you need help:
- To shower, dress and manage the toilet for example. This is what we call ‘personal care’.
- At meal-times – to help or encourage you to eat.
- To get from place to place eg from bed to toilet; from your room to another part of our home.
- To remember to take, or to help you access, your medication.
- To stay in contact with the people you love; to remember what activities are taking place that you enjoy
Nursing care is suited to you if, in addition to residential care, you also have medical care needs. At Heathlands Village this is provided in our Dr Simon Jenkins Unit. This type of care includes:
- Having someone keep track of how much you are eating and drinking or managing your tube-feed.
- Having someone attend to or ensure you do not develop pressure sores.
- Monitoring your medical condition round-the-clock.
- Providing you with regular pain control and palliative care
Residential Dementia Care
Do you need a lot reassurance and support? Do you struggle a great deal with your memory and get very confused? You would probably benefit from being cared for at Beach House.
This is a smaller household within the main building at Heathlands Village. The highly skilled team care for people who need more intensive, specialist residential dementia care.
Nursing Dementia Care
Oakwood is a cosy, household situated in Eventhall House within Heathlands Village. It was opened in 2016 and was purpose-built for caring for people living with dementia.
Are your care needs more complex? Do you have dementia combined with other ongoing mental health problems? The Oakwood nursing and care team can offer you specialist nursing dementia care.
The team is led by trained mental health nurses who can administer medication if needed. They can offer care for example if you suffer from:
- Severe anxiety
The team focuses on helping you achieve the best quality of life and maintaining your skills and independence.
They work closely with our local GP team and pharmacy. Together they monitor and review your mental and physical health needs and the effectiveness of your medication.