All posts require an enhanced DBS check.
If you are applying for a care position this quick survey will help you decide if you would be suitable for a this type of work.
Location: Manchester M25 9SB
Hours: Days / Will include some weekends
Day shifts: 8am-8pm / 8am-2.30pm / 1.30-8pm worked on a rota system
Salary: £9.11 per hour
QCF 2 & 3 £9.25 per hour
The Fed is a leading social care Charity for the Greater Manchester Community, looking after elderly people in the home & offering a wide range of care services including: Residential, Respite, Nursing and Dementia units, End of life care and Day Services.
A permanent full time position of 39 hours, working 4 days from 7 has become available to join our care team on our Discharge to Assess unit, this is a fast paced care environment supporting the discharge of patients from the NHS to a 6 week reablement environment.
Residents once admitted will be assessed by the onsite NHS team which include: Social Worker, Physiotherapist and Occupational therapist to establish onward journey (home or 24/7 care home required). You will be instrumental in their care delivery and supporting with the reablement plan.
Duties Will Include:
- Provide support to relatives/carers working closely to deliver excellent standards of care and act as a Key Worker to a resident.
- Provide physical care which will involve taking residents to the toilet, giving them a shower or a bath, helping residents clean their teeth, assisting at mealtime, supporting our residents with their mobility whilst encouraging independence.
- Observe, report and record any changes in the Resident’s physical and psychological wellbeing.
- Take an active role in supporting residents in social activities.
- Demonstrate empathy for the needs of residents.
- Create and maintain supportive relationships with all members of the team and with colleagues throughout the home.
- This post is subject to DBS disclosure & 2 satisfactory references.
- Must be Kind, Caring, Patient + good with people.
- Willingness to learn and maintain training.
- Good communication.
- QCF level 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care is essential
- Employee health scheme
- Free DBS check
- Generous holidays – increasing with length of service.
- Free Life assurance scheme
- Free parking
- Free uniform
- Referral bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Reward & Recognition Scheme
If you wish to apply please contact Rebecca Ward on 01617724800 or [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE: ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE DOUBLE VACCINATED