All posts require an enhanced DBS check.
If you are applying for a care position this quick survey will help you decide if you would be suitable for a this type of work.
39 hours per week. Weekends included. £9.85 per hour
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Promote the ethos of:
- Person Centred Care.
- Protection and Support of the Health needs of Individuals.
- Assessment of care and health care needs.
- Development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care.
- Carry out duties as designated by the Clinical Manager/Team Leader
- Record accurately resident information on CareSys involving residents and relatives in their care plans and be aware of risk assessments and their management.
- Provide support to relatives/carers working closely to deliver excellent standards of care.
- Administer medication, store and dispose of according to policy and procedure and in accordance with the individuals’ needs. Maintain medication records according to policy and procedure.
- Complete annual medication competency assessment.
- Observe, report and record any changes in the Resident’s physical and psychological well being.
- Provide care as planned and liaise with the Multi-disciplinary team.
- Respect individual’s religious/spiritual beliefs, customs, values and actively support the Resident to fulfil these.
- Take an active role in supporting residents in social activities including active involvement in delivering social opportunities.
- Provide physical care to enable them to complete all Activities of Daily Living i.e. personal hygiene, diet and fluid intake, clothing and laundry, personal environment, elimination, maintaining rest, sleep and activities, physical observations.
- Act in a manner that respects the customs, individuality, values, sexuality, and spiritual beliefs, actively supporting the resident to fulfil these.
- Create and maintain supportive relationships with all members of the team and with colleagues throughout THE FED.
- Assist in the collection of data for the purpose of audit, research and service performance.
- Promote resident and relative involvement in all aspects of their care.
- Contribute and make suggestions to the improvement of services and attend monthly team meetings.
- Recognise potential crisis situations and react responsively and responsibly until assistance arrives.
- To act proactively in emergency situations and provide assistance as directed.
Closing Date: Monday 13th September 2021