All posts require an enhanced DBS check.
If you are applying for a care position this quick survey will help you decide if you would be suitable for a this type of work.
Hours: AS & WHEN NEEDED
Location: Manchester M25 9SB
Hours: Various hours available – Days and Nights / Will include some weekends
Day shifts: 8am-8pm / 8am-2.30pm / 1.30-8pm worked on a rota system
Night Shifts: 8pm-8am
Salary: £8.91 – £9.01 per hour depending on qualifications
The Fed is a leading social care Charity for the Greater Manchester Community, looking after elderly people in the home & offering a wide range of care services including: Residential, Respite, Nursing and Dementia units, End of life care and Day Services.
Duties Will Include:
- Provide support to relatives/carers working closely to deliver excellent standards of care and act as a Key Worker to a resident.
- Provide physical care which will involve taking residents to the toilet, giving them a shower or a bath, helping residents clean their teeth, assisting at mealtime, supporting our residents with their mobility whilst encouraging independence.
- Observe, report and record any changes in the Resident’s physical and psychological wellbeing.
- Take an active role in supporting residents in social activities.
- Demonstrate empathy for the needs of residents.
- Create and maintain supportive relationships with all members of the team and with colleagues throughout the home.
- This post is subject to DBS disclosure & 2 satisfactory references.
- Must be Kind, Caring, Patient + good with people.
- Willingness to learn and maintain training.
- Good communication.
- QCF level 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care is desirable
- Employee health scheme
- Free DBS check
- Generous holidays – increasing with length of service.
- Free Life assurance scheme
- Free parking
- Free uniform
- Referral bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Reward & Recognition Scheme
For an application pack Please contact Rebecca Ward on 0161 772 4800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org