All posts require an enhanced DBS check.
If you are applying for a care position this quick survey will help you decide if you would be suitable for a this type of work.
We’re hiring a Community Fundraiser and Event Planner in Manchester.
The Fed is Manchester’s leading social care charity looking after people in need in the Manchester Jewish Community. Today we run a care home providing residential and nursing services for older people at Heathlands Village as well as a range of services for people of all ages living in the community. Our services are accessed by over 1,200 people at any one time.
You will be responsible for securing donations for the Fed’s Community Campaign from existing & lapsed donors and building and maintaining these relationships, as well as bringing in new donors with a focus on the next generation. You will also assist with the running of various fundraising events.
The Community Fundraiser & Event Planner will be responsible to the Director of Fundraising.
Main duties and responsibilities:
To efficiently, effectively and in a highly professional manner:
- Spend the majority of your time fundraising from existing and lapsed donors who are giving or whom have given specific amounts as directed by the Director of Fundraising including a significant amount of one to one fundraising. This will include acting as an ambassador of The Fed at external events and meeting with donors off site.
- Identify potential new donors as directed by the Director of Fundraising and by using your own initiative and research methods and approach them for donations either in person, over the phone or by other methods, i.e. attending regular network meetings.
- Achieve annual targets by Fundraising a minimum of £50,000 per year* from individual donors. (*subject to annual review)
- Take responsibility for the management of certain allocated fundraising committees with the purpose of coordinating and helping them achieve maximum results from events.
- Generate ideas for / identify new event opportunities through customer and other market research
- Independently manage a portfolio of specific events and support the Fundraising team in the management of other events
- Have the flexibility to work evenings & weekends in the run up to events and where needed to meet with donors in person or attend committee meetings outside of working hours.
- Provide full administrative and practical support including the production of word documents, excel spreadsheets, correspondence, and mail merge documents along with ThankQ database input. Develop an excellent knowledge of the Fed’s donor database. Work in collaboration with the Marketing team to grow awareness of the Fed.
- Develop and maintain a broad, up to date and thorough knowledge of all sections of the Manchester Jewish Community
- Maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of the agency’s current work, future plans and issues affecting the agency
- Act as an ambassador for the agency at all times promoting its cause positively and professionally
- Champion the use of the agency’s brand ensuring consistency
- Ensure all work undertaken is precise and with attention to detail
Working 37 hours per week
Competitive salary offered
Apply today for a role at The Fed
For an application pack or more information, Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 2nd November 2019