All posts require an enhanced DBS check.
If you are applying for a care position this quick survey will help you decide if you would be suitable for a this type of work.
Activities Support Lead to join the activities team and lead on activities which promote Yidishkeit.
Monday to Thursday 24 hours per week 9.30am – 4pm
£10.45 per hour
Closing Date Monday 28th October 19
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To help raise the profile of volunteering at the FED
- To support the integration of volunteers within teams at the Heathlands village with the aim of enhancing the wellbeing and lived experience at the village
- To work closely with the TFY volunteer team to help market volunteering opportunities at the village and to identify, recruit, induct and train suitable volunteers.
- To be responsible for the matching and placement of volunteers within the village
- To provide ongoing support to volunteers, both one to one and in a group setting.
- To work closely with the activities team in co-ordinating and facilitating activities and events for residents and service users
- To work closely with residential and nursing team leaders and care staff to enhance the wellbeing of residents through the use of volunteer support
- To help ensure that a Jewish ethos underpins the delivery of activities and reinforces the identity of Heathlands Village as a Jewish home
- To support a programme of events that offers culturally appropriate activities in partnership with our residents and promote intergenerational work on site.
- To help arrange specific activities that reinforce and celebrate Jewish religious festivals
- To help develop activities and support for service users who are holocaust survivors or refugees in partnership with other FED teams and agencies.
- To contribute to developing new ideas and activities for the department
- To use a person centred approach at all times.
- To support Non-Jewish staff in developing greater understanding and awareness of cultural and religious issues.
- To liaise with the Religious Director as and when required.
- To carry out assessments, including risk assessments as required.
- To produce written reports when required.
- To help produce marketing material, including newsletters, leaflets and posters.
For an application pack please contact HR on 01617724800 – email@example.com