Contact us: 0161 772 4800
Text size: A A A

Share details about your experience about a service we provide

Sharing a compliment

If you wish to share a compliment about a service that we have provided, you can do this by emailing us at


How to share a concern or complaint with The Fed

The Fed is committed to being an open and transparent organisation and we appreciate your feedback.

The Fed staff team work hard to get things right but realise that things can sometimes go wrong, or we may not have met your expectations.

You have the right to make a complaint about any aspect of care or service that we have provided for you with reassurance that it will not affect your current or future care.

If the person concerned is unable to act for themselves, the complaint can be accepted from a close relative, friend or other suitable representative.

Where someone makes a complaint on behalf of a person that is capable of managing their own affairs, it must be established that the complaint is being made with the person’s full knowledge and consent.


Who do I make my complaint to?

If you’re unhappy with a particular area of care or service, it’s often worthwhile discussing your concerns early on with the relevant staff member or manager of the service, as they may be able to sort the issue out quickly.

Most problems can be dealt with at this stage, but in some cases you may feel more comfortable speaking to someone not directly involved in your/your relative’s care.

In this case, you can choose to contact the Quality Assurance Manager at ( or complete the attached feedback form sharing specific details of what has gone wrong and what you would like us to do about it.


The Fed’s complaints procedure (what to expect)

Details of how to raise a concern are displayed in the reception areas of Heathlands Village and a copy is attached here.

You should expect to receive an acknowledgement of your complaint within 3 working days.

This may be done verbally, by email or letter. Where required, an investigation will take place by a senior member of staff and you should expect to receive an outcome of this investigation within 21 working days.

Where longer is needed, you will be notified.

The response should set out the findings and, where appropriate, provide apologies and information about what’s being done as a result of your complaint.

It should also include information about how the complaint has been handled and details of your right to take your complaint to Appeal.


Not happy with the outcome?

If your problem persists or you’re not happy with the way your complaint has been dealt with locally, you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO), which is independent of care providers and local authorities.

For more information, call 0300 061 0614 or visit the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman website.


Support with making a complaint

If you’d like support in making a complaint, please inform the Quality Assurance Manager and an Advocate will be allocated to you.

Links to the following policies


By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.