The Fed offers a range of social care support services for adults living in the community. These services support:

  • older people suffering physical ill-health, mobility issues and cognitive problems
  • family carers (voluntary/unpaid care-givers)
  • people with mental health or emotional difficulties
  • people who need help to manage a personal budget

The Fed’s professional social workers, case managers and sessional support workers:

  • Carry out community care assessments
  • Help people apply for benefits and grants
  • Help people access services and signpost to other agencies
  • Arrange support to enable people to maintain their independence
  • Support people who are vulnerable or isolated
  • Support family members who are carers
  • Carry out carers’ assessments
  • Provide advice and support on moving into a care home
  • Work with Local Authorities to safeguard vulnerable people
  • Provide social opportunities and activities via our mental health DROP IN
  • Provide advice, support and social opportunities via our Purple Room cafe